Each year, from November 5 to 11, Canadians celebrate Veterans’ Week .
Hundreds of ceremonies will take place across the country this weekend to recognize the achievements of our Veterans and honour those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.
There are many ways to show that you remember and honour our Veterans. Here are just a few:
- Pin a poppy above your heart.
- Attend the local Remembrance Day ceremony on Sunday, Nov 11.
- Listen to Veterans talk about their experiences.
- Visit the Veterans Affairs Canada site
- Follow Veterans Affairs Canada on Facebook or twitter.
- Change your Facebook profile picture to a poppy.
- Update your Facebook status about the importance of remembrance.
- Read a book about our veterans, there are many at you local library.
In my family there are many members who have fought in both world wars and in peace keeping missions. This week to show my how I remember will be sharing some of my family with you.